Mindfulness for Life is a 12 session course run over a year. It is designed for those people who have completed an 8-week mindfulness course and are looking to develop and deepen their practice. This course was designed and developed by Willem Kuyken and Ruth Baer of Oxford University and allows participants to revisit key elements of their 8-week course and hopefully firmly embed mindfulness into their lives.
The intentions of this course are to:
- Reinforce and deepen people’s mindfulness practice.
- Deepen the learning of the key themes from the 8-week curriculum
- Extend the learning to include
- The explicit cultivation of the attitudes of mindfulness, in both formal and informal practice
- Greater access to and cultivation of the positive valence system to support flourishing.
- Provide a shared community of practice.
- Support participants in applying all that is learned in their lives, in ways that are consonant with their values.
- Develop participants’ capacity and confidence to deepen and extend learning independently.
The course will start on the 22nd Sept and run every fourth Tuesday of the month, finishing on the 24th August 2021. Each session will last 2 hours and run from 7 to 9pm. In keeping with distancing guidelines it will be delivered online.
Given the duration of the course please do not sign up if you are not able to commit to participating in the vast majority of the sessions. This course will also run on a gift exchange economy basis. That is the fee will be set by the participant. I would ask you to pay what you can comfortably afford and what you feel a 12 x 2 hour session course, and its materials, is worth to you. This principle honours the interconnection of all of us and encourages a heart inclined toward appreciation, joyous contribution, flow of resources, and right relationship with one another. For more on this concept please follow this link. This is a new way to pay for such courses and I hope that is makes the course as accessible as possible. To register on the course please fill out the form here. For more information please contact Jem.